8/10/08

Natalie's "Sweet 16 Months"

So I'm 16 months old and Mommy was thinking of a "Sweet 16" months list. She said of course there are so many more things she loves and notices about me but she had to narrow it down for this purpose. So here they are......Mommy's observations since my birth. They are in no certain order these are just things Mommy cherishes.

1. Grasp - I love to feel Natalie's fingers holding onto my forefinger. It's a reminder of how much she needs me and relies on me. A Mommy is such an important role!
2. Pitter Patter - It is so cute to see and hear Natalie's footsteps.
3. Natalie's cheeks. Ok, for all of those that know me know that I love chubby cheeks and I was blessed with a baby with chubby cheeks:-)
4. Side Profile - I love to see Natalie's profile. I can just stare at her and be in constant amazement.
5. Giggle - I LOVE Natalie's giggle it is full of so much life and fun!
6. Walking side by side - WOW, what a feeling! My daughter and I walking next to each other, her fingers wrapped around mine. This little person next to me , knowing she is my child is overwhelmingly bliss!
7. Waking up & starting our day together - Each morning I sing a Good Morning Natalie song to her. She loves it and looks forward to it. After I am done she claps for Mommy.
8. Morning Stretch - Every morning while I am changing Natalie's diaper I remind her to stretch and she does it so well and giggles too while stretching!
9. Round Eyes - Natalie's eyes are BIG, dark and so expressive. She's so observant and catches on quickly. Her big eyes remind me of a babydoll.
10. Puckered Lips - Natalie has the most beautiful pouty lips. She puckers so good especially when it's time to give you a besito.
11. Sense of Energy - Another WOW, she has tons of this and keeps me busy. But I absolutely love this about her and it fits in so well with her personality.
12. Tummy - Oh, the tummy. The roundness and fullness is so adorable. It's so much a reminder of a baby's being.
13. Small Victories - These are things like a walk around our neighborhood, a playdate, learning something new such as a new word or baby sign language. These are all small victories and a reminder to me to slow down and relish these small victories.
14. Sitting in her carseat - I remember when I was pregnant and Natalie was in my tummy. Andy and I had prepared my SUV for her arrival. I remember driving around and looking back wondering what it would be like with a baby in there and how would she look. Well now I know and it is such a blessing and a reminder of Natalie, my miracle.
15. Little Helper - Natalie loves to be in the kitchen and laundry room with Mommy. She wants to help with the dishes or unload/load the washer or dryer. She loves to take paper off the printer and bring it to me. She likes to close doors when I am holding her and grab the doorknob to make this happen. She is such a beautiful little person.
16. Dimples - Natalie's dimples are big enough to fit peanut butter in them. That is what Babs, Zoey's grandmother once said. They are an added plus to her beautiful being!

I could go on and on but I think I'll stop here. I hope you enjoy this "Sweet 16" month list as much as I enjoyed typing it all the while remembering these special things I adore about Natalie.

2 comments:

Martha Cox said...

Happy Sweet 16!

Becky said...

So sweet! I loved reading them and Zoey loved seeing Nat Nat's picture!