Today was Natalie's very 1st roller skating lesson. We had actually went earlier in the week for Moms and Tots day. While I was there I found out they hold skating lessons so I decided to take Natalie. Since it was Natalie's 2nd time skating that week she was more comfortable and daring too. The lessons were actually held in the smaller/toddler rink but Natalie wanted to hang out in the bigger one. Luckily, Zoey and Becky joined us so this helped me to convince Natalie to go into the smaller rink for lessons. The girls learned some of the basics which were very helpful. Us mommies also learned something new! When you fall down and want to get up your hands should never touch the ground. It's definetly a technique that takes some work. The girls learned to keep their arms out to help them balance, skating low with their knees bent and if your gonna fall do it on your bottom:-) It was such a thrill watching Natalie and Zoey! They are the type of girls that are willing to try something new at least once. I love exposing Natalie to new things and it was a great way to start our Saturday morning.
3/6/10
Roller Skating Lesson
Today was Natalie's very 1st roller skating lesson. We had actually went earlier in the week for Moms and Tots day. While I was there I found out they hold skating lessons so I decided to take Natalie. Since it was Natalie's 2nd time skating that week she was more comfortable and daring too. The lessons were actually held in the smaller/toddler rink but Natalie wanted to hang out in the bigger one. Luckily, Zoey and Becky joined us so this helped me to convince Natalie to go into the smaller rink for lessons. The girls learned some of the basics which were very helpful. Us mommies also learned something new! When you fall down and want to get up your hands should never touch the ground. It's definetly a technique that takes some work. The girls learned to keep their arms out to help them balance, skating low with their knees bent and if your gonna fall do it on your bottom:-) It was such a thrill watching Natalie and Zoey! They are the type of girls that are willing to try something new at least once. I love exposing Natalie to new things and it was a great way to start our Saturday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute, thanks for telling us about it, we had fun! Can't wait to skate some more w/ the girls!
Post a Comment